Whether you are looking to buy a small flashlight for hunting, tactical purposes, or convenience you will need a flashlight that works perfectly for your purposes and needs. Choosing the best small flashlight can be difficult when you realize how many different features and aspects there are to consider.
Buying a flashlight that is going to be used in serious or emergency situations is not something you want to do without having some research and information under your belt. To help you understand the most important features, we have developed this comprehensive guide.
Key Features in Choosing a Small Flashlight
- Size. Of course this is a guide to help you find the best small flashlight, but how small would you actually like it to be? What shape do you need the flashlight to be? For those that will be keeping the flashlight on a keychain then the smallest possible size is best. There is also the option to have a longer, but skinnier pen-like flashlight or a stumpy and heavy one.
- Budget. Buying a small flashlight of quality will really come down to the budget that you are working with. As with anything, the higher the quality, the more expensive the flashlight will be, but there are also cheap and effective options available. If you had to make your decision within your budget based on one thing, it should be the feature that is the most important, whether that is the lumens or the size.
- Light Output. This essentially means the brightness, which is determined by the number of lumens that the bulb within the light has. For emergency packs and outdoor projects, higher lumens are much better.
Top 6 Small Flashlights Table
|1. Streamlight 66318 MicroStream C4 LED Pen Flashlight||28||$$$$||4.7|
|2. LE Adjustable Focus Mini CREE LED Flashlight||140||$$||4.6|
|3. J5 Tactical Flashlight - The Original 250 Lumen Ultra Bright||250||$$||4.3|
|4. Refun 600 Lumen Handheld Flashlight Led Cree Xml- T6||600||$$$||4.3|
|5. UltraFire 7w 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch||300||$||4.2|
|6. Maglite Solitaire Incandescent 1-Cell AAA Flashlight Black||2||$$||4.1|
What Makes a Good Small Flashlight?
The best small flashlight is the one that suits your purposes, your budget and has all of the features that make it easy to use. Some of the features that you should consider, include.
- Durability. Small flashlights that are stumpy and made of heavy metals are more durable than the plastic pen-shaped flashlights. If the flashlight will be thrown into a kit then you should opt for the one that will be able to withstand rolling around or being played with.
- Switch Type. If the flashlight is going to be used for tactical purposes or any reason that would require it to be used quickly then you may want to consider the kind of switch that is used to turn it on and off. There is the location; whether it is on the body or the tail. There is also way the switch works, whether it is turned on with a button or a slide.
- Light Modes. All flashlights will have the standard constant beams of light but some will come with strobe settings, SOS or Morse code capabilities as well as a beacon. Those that are using a smaller flashlight for safety should choose a model with these added light modes.
Top 3 Best Small Flashlight Reviews
The Streamlight 66318 Microstream C4 LED is a reliable and versatile light that serves many purposes. Whether keeping it as part of a camping pack or in the car for emergencies, it always provides more than enough light to see things ahead. The best part is that for all of the power it has, it is extremely lightweight and easy to carry in a pocket or backpack. This is definitely a light that would serve a police officer or official checking IDs just as well as it would serve an outdoorsman at night.
If you would like a bright and affordable small flashlight that has all of the power and than you would possibly need then you should purchase this LE Adjustable Focus Mini CREE LED. This flashlight is designed to be solid, durable and useful for any purpose you may have. The hard materials that makeup the flashlight as well as the protective seals mean that it will even stand up to the test when accidentally dropped in a puddle.
The first thing you will probably notice about the J5 Tactical LED is how bright it is. This is probably one of the brightest small flashlights that you will ever see. This is not just your average on and off model but one that has cool features too like the strobe. This is probably not useful in many situations but it is fun, especially if the flashlight is being used around kids.