If you enjoy getting outdoors, going camping, or just want to be prepared for an emergency situation, then having the best LED flashlight is what you need. Not only will you be prepared for when the lights unexpectedly go out and you’re left in the dark, but you’ll have something to protect yourself with should you encounter an intruder late at night.
Here we give you a list of our top 10 LED flashlights and review the best 5 on our list.
Things to Consider
When you’re considering a new LED flashlight there are many options available to you. The main consideration between the various models is the power source. Some flashlights use a rechargeable battery whilst others rely on changeable batteries.
- Rechargeable Batteries. Give you peace of mind in knowing that you can have a fully charged flashlight before you embark on a camping trip or go to sleep at night. The disadvantage is that once the power is used up it will take a few hours to recharge in the docking station.
- Changeable Batteries. Allow you to quickly switch out old batteries for new ones and always have a spare on hand for a quick change. Although they aren’t as environmentally friendly, we prefer the quick action of changeable battery flashlights.
Top 10 LED Flashlights Comparison Chart
|1. LE Adjustable Focus Mini LED Flashlight||Super bright, batteries included, zoomable LED, waterproof||$||4.6|
|2. PeakPlus Brightest Zoomable Adjustable Focus 5 Modes||Adjustable focus, water resistant, rechargeable battery with charger||$$$$||4.5|
|3. AYL TC80 4-In-1 LED Flashlight CREE - Tactical Emergency Nightlight||Telescoping body, magnetized base, water resistant||$$$||4.5|
|4. J5 Tactical J5 Hyper V 300 Lumen 3 Mode Tactical Flashlight||Super bright, compact, tough||$$$||4.5|
|5. ThorFire Upgraded C8s LED Flashlight Powerful||Ultra bright, multiple modes||$$$$||4.4|
|6. Hausbell 7W Ultra Bright Mini LED Flashlight Tactical Flashlight||Super mini, belt or shirt clip||$$||4.4|
|7. Outlite A100 High Powered Tactical Flashlight||Water resistant, adjustable focus||$$$||4.4|
|8. BlueFire 1200 Lumen CREE XML T6 Adjustable LED||Adjustable focus, 5 modes, telescopic body||$$$||4.3|
|9. Captink Q5 Outdoor Waterproof Tactical LED Flashlight||Waterproof, 5 modes, hammerhead design, rechargeable battery included||$$$$||3.8|
|10. AYL TF89 Bright 900 Lumens CREE XM-L2 LED Tactical Torch Flashlight||Weather resistant, 5 modes||$$||3.9|
Buying the best LED flashlight comes with its share of choices and features that you’ll need to decide upon. Not only is every flashlight slightly different in its appearance, but they each also have a specific user and purpose in mind. Here’s a list of all the features to choose from:
- Lumens. This number indicates to you how bright the light is from the flashlight. The higher the lumens number the brighter the light from your torch will be.
- Adjustable Focus. Allows you to zoom in on objects in the distance and widen or narrow your light beam to highlight them in front of you.
- Skid-Proof Design. Ensures that the torch stays firmly secured in your hand whilst you’re using it. There will be a textured surface on the handle that provides plenty of grip to your hand even when wet.
- Waterproof. Definitely a feature you’ll want if you’re going to take your flashlight camping. There will be nights when you’re forced outside in heavy rain or wind to rescue your tent and having a waterproof flashlight will make all the difference.
- Mini Size. Flashlights used to be big heavy devices that took up a lot of room in your luggage or house. Luckily, the new flashlights are super compact and are lightweight.
- Light Modes. Enable you to increase or decrease the brightness of your torch, as well as set up strobe or SOS lighting to help emergency services find you. Having an emergency setting on your torch can make life or death situations much more bearable.
- Telescopic Body. Gives you the versatility to increase the size of your torch to better suit your hand or preferred torch size. Most telescopic torches can adjust to an additional inch in length with a few simple twists.
Top 5 Best LED Flashlight Reviews
This is by far our favorite LED flashlight, it comes with all the settings you could want in a flashlight and is incredibly durable. The adjustable focus is very easy to use and makes it a breeze to focus on subjects no matter how close or far they are.
What we loved most about this torch is its size – it’s so darn small. Not only that but the light that it produces is very bright and more than enough for any application you will likely use it for.
The torch is powered by 3 AAA batteries and comes with a superb anti-slip grip that maintains its grip even in wet conditions. With an IP rating of 44, this torch can be accidentally dropped in water and left in a pocket as you wade across a river, and it will work perfectly moments after. You can even use it underwater to 1m.
The only torch that we feature on our list comes with a rechargeable battery and charger. It’s also fully equipped with 5 light settings: high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS. The SOS light setting is in our opinion the most important but least used feature of the torch.
In an emergency, you’ll be able to alert passers-by with a universally identified distress signal without having to waste energy on yelling out for help.
With a telescopic body, this torch twists out to 6 inches or retracts to 5.3 inches. With the movement, the light focus changes from a spotlight with a narrow focus, to a floodlight with a wide focus.
This torch offers the most precise lighting of all the torches on our list. The telescopic body locks easily to any position you leave it in, allow you to precisely focus on your subject.
A nifty light feature reveals itself when you slide the body apart and a 200-lumen strip LED light illuminates a broad area. This is perfect for the workshop or camping when you need bright light to prepare food or find items in a tent.
There is also a red LED blinking option that makes this LED flashlight ideal to use for roadside breakdowns too. The magnetized base fixes itself to any metal surface such as the side of your car, a tent pole, or a workshop shelf.
The whole design is crafted with aircraft-grade aluminum that provides water and shockproof protection. It’s clear that this flashlight has been made to last with its high-quality build. Whether you’re indoors or outside this torch lends itself to your every need, making it the most versatile torch on our list.
Super bright with 300 lumens, this torch will light up half your backyard when you flash it on. Of course, you can zoom and focus that floodlight into a high-powered spotlight beam too. The light can clearly illuminate any subject that is up to 600 feet away.
With three different modes the torch lends itself to your every need; high light, low light, and strobe scenarios are all covered. Running off a single AA battery this torch will give light for hundreds of hours before needing a replacement battery.
It’s very tough and heavy-duty, making it ideal for camping, hiking, and outdoor adventures.
With an impressive 900 lumens, this is the second brightest torch on our list, and boy does it pack a bright punch. There are four lighting modes to choose from, including a hidden distress strobe mode that makes it easy to alert someone of your whereabouts in an emergency.
The flashlight is extremely tough and made with a waterproof design. You can take it with you fishing, camping, and camping without ever having to worry about water damage. This is the best LED flashlight for camping on our list.