Buying a police flashlight is a huge step to take. The flashlight could potentially save your life, so getting a high quality flashlight is of utmost importance. There are many different types of flashlights on the market and many different features are available. Finding the perfect weight, lumens, additional settings and more requires you to know exactly what you’re looking for.
While purchasing a police flashlight may seem like an overwhelming task, it doesn’t have to be. If you know exactly what to look for, the buying process will become a piece of cake. Fortunately, we have done all of the research in order to present you with a list of the top rated police flashlights currently available. Check out our list and find the best police flashlight for your specific needs.
Guide to the Highest Rated Police Flashlights
|1. Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS LED HL Rechargeable Flashlight||640||$$$$||4.8|
|2. SOLARAY PRO ZX-1 Professional Series Flashlight Kit||1200||$$||4.8|
|3. Simon Cree DU2 Brightest LED Tactical Flashlight||700||$||4.7|
|4. Pelican Flashlights 7060-001-110X 7060 Rechargeable LED light||160||$$$$||4.6|
|5. EcoGear FX Tactical LED Flashlight Kit (TK120): Bright LED Flashlight||1200||$$||4.6|
|6. Streamlight 88040 ProTAC HL Professional Tactical Light||600||$$$||4.6|
Shopping for a Police Flashlight
When shopping for a police flashlight, you will want to make sure that you’re getting the best fit for your needs. A tactical flashlight can save your life, so searching for the best features is incredibly important. Whether you’re becoming a police officer, security guard or even if you just want a tactical flashlight for personal use, there are a few things that you should consider beforehand. Here are a few tips for finding the best police flashlight.
- Weight. A tactical flashlight should be easy to carry with one hand. Getting a flashlight that is too heavy will make your tasks much more difficult to complete. However, this is entirely up to you and your preferences because some people prefer having a slightly heavier flashlight.
- Length & Size. The length and size of the flashlight is similar to the weight; it shouldn’t drag you down. You should be able to quickly take it out of its holster and it should feel natural in your hands.
- Lumens. The more lumens, the brighter the flashlight will be. However, lumens alone cannot determine how effective a flashlight will be. Nonetheless, a rule of thumb is to get as many lumens as possible if you want an incredibly bright flashlight.
- LED Bulbs. LED flashlight bulbs last much longer than standard bulbs and they are also much more durable when dropping your flashlight on the ground. Most quality flashlights come equipped with LED bulbs nowadays.
- Distance. The distance of the beam will become incredibly important when shopping for police flashlights. You want to make sure that the flashlight can brighter up areas that are far away.
- Rechargeable. Unless you plan on spending hundreds of dollars on batteries, you should opt for a rechargeable flashlight. These normally come with lithium batteries and can be plugged into a USB connection or an AC or DC outlet.
Top 3 Best Police Flashlight Reviews
1. Streamlight 75458 Stinger
At the top of our list is the Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS. Streamlight is very well known among police officers as one of the biggest flashlight brands in the industry. This particular flashlight offers an impressive 50,000-hour lifetime. It also comes with a NiMH battery that can be recharged up to 1,000 times; NiCd batteries can also be used in this flashlight.
The anodized aluminum construction along with the non-slip rubberized exterior offers amazing grip. The impressive candela rating of 22,000 along with the 640 lumens provides a bright intensity at all times. If you’re looking for an incredibly high quality police flashlight, you will love the Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS.
2. Solaray Pro ZX-1
Another great option to choose from is the Solaray Pro ZX-1 Professional Series Flashlight Kit. Equipped with 1200 lumens and a rechargeable lithium battery, this is a wonderful police flashlight. The water resistant construction and the super lightweight design allows you to easily carry this flashlight with you everywhere you go.
A zoom lens and a zoomable focus allows you to brighten up areas that are far away. The Solaray Pro ZX-1 Professional Series Flashlight Kit is a great option for any aspiring police officer and delivers 5 different lighting modes for more control over the way you brighten up an area.
3. Simon Cree DU2
The Simon Cree DU2 is an affordable flashlight that delivers an impressive amount of brightness and durability. The 700 lumens and the 5 light modes allows you to brighten up any area with ease and full control. This police flashlight offers up to 100,000 hours of use and can be used for 2 to 6 hours on a single continuous charge.
This flashlight compact making it easy to carry around with you everywhere you go, yet it delivers the brightness found in much larger flashlights. If you’re looking for a great tactical flashlight, you will love the Simon Cree DU2.